Green Edge Systems - Digital and Dry Erase Menu Boards
'School Menu Today' - All-In-One Digital School Menu Board System
One simple to operate platform to publish school menus on full size digital menu boards, on digital tablets in front of serving lines, on mobile phones, on school nutrition websites, school menus in the class on smart boards and student tablets and school menus on any digital screen in schools (outside the cafeteria).
The information on your TV screen, tablets in front of serving lines, mobile phones, school websites, and in the class is displayed as a sequence of pages.
Pages are created in a few easy steps:
Main Features of the System:
- Hosted web-base Digital School Menu Boards and School Menu software for non-technical people
- One simple to operate platform to publish school menus on full size digital menu boards, on digital tablets in front of serving lines, Mobile Phones, school nutrition websites, school menus in the class on smart boards and student tablets and school menus on any digital screen in the school campus (outside the cafeteria).
- Simple flat rate price structure - with upto five digital menu boards and digital tablets in front of serving lines, per school - including posting cycled school menus, menu and other info playlists and full integration with school Dropbox account that allow posting menu information seamlessle through Dropbox without the need to log into the 'School Menu Today' system as well as through logging into the 'School Menu Today' dashboard.
- All-in-one Menu Posting Account - for posting school menus on digital phones, posting school menu links on school nutrition websites, posting school menus on Smart Boards and Student Tablets in the classroom and posting school menus on digital signage boards on school campuses (outside the cafeterias)
- Central Office Master Control Management System - For school districts that provide their schools with separate local management of their digital menu board system, or school district that want to provide other school departments, Sponsors, Security departments, Superintendent offices, outsourcing nutritional info posting on digital menu board systems, and more. This service requires a separate subscription.
- Post, schedule and update school menus through your free Dropbox account (or our dashboard).
- With apps for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Weather, Time, RSS and more
- School Menu Tasting polls
- Ready to deploy templates for use by School Food Services
- The 'School Menu Today' system can generate different menu displays for digital menu boards, menus on digital tablets in front of serving lines, on mobile phone, on school websites, on smart boards in the class, on student digital tablets, on on campus signage.
- Single click view of your school menus on mobile phone and smart devices
- Single click view of your school menus on school nutrition websites
- View school menus in-the-class on smart boards and on student digital tablets
- View school menus on Digital Menu Boards in your cafeterias
- View school menus of digital tablets on counters in front of school serving lines
- Post school menus on any digital signage in your school district - not only in your cafeterias
- Templates to be used to publish school menus on Dry Erase menu boards
- Affordable digital menu board playout devices (players) for a plug and play installation - NUC by Intel and the Chromebox and Windows, OS X, Linux based
- Affordable digital tablets to be placed on counters in front of school serving line -
Google Nexus, Samsung, Sony, Asus, HTC and other Android tablets.
- Optional Hardware supply and on site installation.
- School Menu distribution through Social Media
- Easy integration with Nutritional Management Systems
How the 'School Menu Today' system works
Once you have logged in, you can create and edit pages with the advanced designer, which includes:
Series of apps
You can come up with only so much content yourself. Apps allow you to display content from the internet on your page. This is an ever expanding set of apps, but here’s a couple of them:
Facebook, Twitter, QR Code, RSS, Weather
Date, Time, News Article, Vimeo, Yammer,
Fouthsquare, Web Page, Maps & Traffic
Easy drag ’n drop editing
When you have created a couple of pages, simply drag them into a playlist to set the playback order. Then drag the playlist into a channel. The channel has a unique web address. If you have set the web browser on the playback device to this address, the dragged ’n dropped playlist starts playing instantly.
Playlists and channels
In this video we're showing you how to put pages in a certain playback sequence using playlists. Then you'll see how to assign a playlist to a channel, which is the way for a playlist to be played back on your tv-screen, digital tablets in front of serving lines, mobile phone, school websites and in the class.
How to display your pages?
Having created pages, added them to a playlist and assigned the playlist to a channel, you can now "tune in" your TV screen to that channel to start displaying your pages:
Playback platform of your choice
Windows, OS X, Linux or even a Smart TV: you can playback your channel on any of these platforms, as long as it runs a web browser. You choose! However, we do recommend using the most modern browser (preferably Google Chrome) to use all features to their full extent.
Posting YouYube, Vimeo and your own Video's on your smart phones, digital signage, school nutrition websites, in the class and more
In this video we're showing you how to add videos from YouTube and Vimeo to your system pages. But also how you can upload and embed your own videos. This is a great way to add product videos, for example, or create video backgrounds for your pages.
How to create a playback schedule for your digital playlists on your smart phones, digital signage, school nutrition websites, in the class and more
Whether you want to fine-tune the contents of your digital signs to the time of day or you simply want to schedule next week's playlist, system's channel scheduler gives you the option to do so. Check out the video for more information.
All your content can be managed via the web browser on your mobile device, like an iPad, iPhone or Android phone or tablet. So now you can immediately and anywhere do things like: